Saturday 13 July 2013



So.






I've a had a couple of visits recently. The first was from Olivia.










Here she is, sitting.




Olivia and I went to secondary school together 

i.e. we go way back.






We did heaps of cool stuff, like...


















Visit the Ear of Dionysius 

(my favourite of the ancient god ears)



being careful of sand

See some mad trees at the botanical gardens




 





Look at stuff through a hole shaped like sicily







We had a riot.




Food featured quite heavily, as can be seen from the following photo:






This, 

is a cannolo.

A traditional Sicilian dessert/snack.


The crispy container holds an ocean of sweet ricotta.

That's right

...sweet ricotta. Like a cheese cake.




When I first arrived I found them a bit sickly, but trying them again with Olivia made me appreciate them more.









I don't have that many photos of Olivia herself because we used her camera (or new iphone - with easy to use panoramic function, featured below) but here she is with Domenico. My Italian team leader.












I don't know how many megapixels the camera has on it but it's flipping good. Etna in the distance at sunset.









(Front Crawl)









...Santa Maria La Scala, the beach closest to where I live in Acireale.









I don't really know how to explain this.


So I won't .










The centre piece of my cave/apartment. A massive candle.





See you in September Olivia!

No comments:

Post a Comment