Tuesday 21 May 2013

Things I Did in April.




Played some music in Mistero Buffo; a cultural centre where my friend Kaj does his EVS. I've not been playing much here, instead focusing my energies on writing...











...in my cave! This was when I was moving in. Not a great picture, but I'll give you the full tour sometime. This is in Acireale, where Mistero Buffo is, a bit out of Catania. Since I've had this place my mental health has improved significantly.


Spent a day with the anti-mafia caravan. Very interesting.

 "If you know how to count, start walking." The theme was to tie the crisis into problems caused by the mafia. One of the most surprising things I've learnt here is how much the mafia supports capitalism.










I worked at the Centro Astalli as usual. This is one of the doctors posing with one of his patients. I think they get on pretty well.





Saw this thing in a restaurant. Waxtastic.







 Went to a minifestival at a big park with this view. Jealous? You should be.











Watched Etna explode.


Again.
  





Got rained on by volcanic dust. These are piles of it in Acireale town square.















 Went on a mission with Lillit and my new BFF Joe. Great guy. Gone now. She's ok.






Explored a town famous for it's Pistachios called Bronte. Didn't see any pistachios. Did see hanging rubbish. Apparently Nelson's descendants have an estate around here? Sicily's history is unbelievable.











Spent a lot of time with this Cuban scallywag.





 




That's basically it I think. May will be up here soon. Let me know if there are things in particular you want to know about life here... I'm intending to do a couple of entries about my daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment